March 5th, 2013
It turns out that combining Nine Inch Nails and Carly Rae Jepsen gives a really strange result.
I honestly can't make my mind up whether this is epic or embarrassing, or possibly just a little from Column A and a little from Column B.
February 22nd, 2013
Hit By A Bus* – The Supercut is mesmerising.
I was surprised at how many of these I knew – and about how frequently it happened to characters in Lost.
Also, so good to see Buffy in there; helpfully warning Glory just a tad too late to actually help.
November 2nd, 2012
August 20th, 2012
Ms. Attribution has all sorts of fun melding history and pop culture:
Sun Tzu (544-496 BCE)
Or possibly Warrant Officer Ellen Ripley. I'm always getting them mixed up.
May 11th, 2012
Walt Disney's Taxi Driver. Watch it soon, before it catches the attention of the lawyers whose clients either don't know or don't care about Fair Use.
April 9th, 2012
For some strange reason, reading this list of the five most pathetic female film characters of all time prompted me to watch Buffy vs Edward: Twilight Remixed again.1
January 17th, 2012
Marty McFly, Bruce Lee, Morpheus and Lt. Frank Drebin (and a few others) are all channeling Lionel Richie: they want to say Hello.
[Via feeling listless]
December 15th, 2011
- Albeit one that serves as a stark reminder of just how little time I've spent inside a cinema this year. Unlike Stu, who appears to have more than compensated for his retreat from the big screen by way of his LOVEFiLM subscription, I'm afraid I'm just getting lazy in my old age. I dread to think how many films I have queued up on my DVR, forlornly waiting for me to give them a couple of hours of my time… ↩
October 22nd, 2011
July 11th, 2011
June 9th, 2011
Just be sure to watch until 3 minutes in, when it goes from amusing to downright inspired.
[Via Word Magazine's 'Something For the Weekend' Newsletter # 170]
- Yes, I know about Serge Danot's role in the original version, but I choose to regard this as a mashup of the Eric Thompson version of the series. ↩
June 8th, 2011
@Peanutweeter matches images from Peanuts cartoons with text from tweets.
It's sometimes quite funny, but I'm not sure how long it'll last before the estate of Charles M Schulz send a cease-and-desist notice, so if it sounds like something you'd enjoy you might want to follow that link sooner rather than later.
[Via Pop Loser]
May 15th, 2011
April 23rd, 2011
For the record, I prefer CollegeHumor's Galactic Empire State of Mind to the Jay-Z/Alicia Keys original.
April 14th, 2011
March 9th, 2011
I defy you not to have a huge grin on your face after watching that teaser video.
December 30th, 2010
The Beauty of Pixar: a mashup of scenes from Pixar's films, complete with appropriate musical accompaniment. Nice work – though if it were me, I don't think I'd have inserted the clips from The Shining and Goodfellas.1
On a personal note, can I just observe that when I read the list of sources used in making that mashup I realised that I've only seen four Pixar films. Four2 out of eleven: that's a really pathetic score, isn't it?
Pardon me, I just need to go and surrender my geek credentials until I've done some homework…
- I see why they made sense in context, but to my mind their presence mostly detracted from the spectacle of all those perfect pixels. ↩
- Toy Story, A Bug's Life, Finding Nemo and The Incredibles. Though I do have Toy Story 2 on the DVR, waiting for me to get round to it. As it has been since … [checks timestamp on recording ] … July 2010. ↩
December 19th, 2010
Doctor Who Meets Star Wars. Lots of fun bits, some not so much.
- The Doctor wielding a lightsabre? Surely not.1
- If only they could have segued from Nine permitting Vader to strike him down to a post-regeneration Ten getting to put his "fightin' hand" to good use…
- Nice to see everyone showing up as a force ghost at the end. Except that the Doctor's previous regenerations aren't actually dead, are they?2
If there's got to be a Who-Star Wars crossover, I reckon Darth versus the Daleks would be a much better fit. The Empire and the Dalek Empire would either get on a like a house on fire and proceed to conquer the entire universe, or else they'd annihilate one another so thoroughly that you'd think there'd been another Time War.
[Via Word Magazine Blog]